Good morning campers!
Hope this recipe finds you well.
Your recipe for today.
It's our beautiful Pea & Mint Truffle Pasta Salad. This featured on our specials a few weeks ago and anyone who was lucky to try it (quite literally, I ate the majority myself) will know how special this really was.
Pack of Pasta - Orecchiette or Casarecce are both great
Half pack of Peas - Petit Pois (or baby peas)
Half Red onion - v thinly sliced
Handful of fresh mint
Handful of Parsley
Goats cheese or Persian Feta
Good Quality Truffle oil
Salt & pepper
1. Cook Pasta as per pack guidelines Al Dente and rinse in cold water straight away. Get rid of any starch if you want to keep this in the fridge. Place pasta in a big mixing bowl.
2. Slice red onion really fine. Important if you're isolating with another person. You don't want a big mouthful.
3. Add peas to a strainer and run cold water over them until they've defrosted. Don't boil or attempt to cook, they're better raw and have more crunch.
3. Chop all herbs finely and add to bowl with lemon juice, salt, pepper & truffle oil.
4. Serve in a bowl Crumble goats cheese/persian feta on at the end.
And that's it!
Have a great Wednesday you lot.